Saturday, October 16, 2010



Finke River-2010


Lake Hart Wildflowers - 2010





Horsham - the river has been all but dry the last 3 trips south, this was the day the floods came down, half the town were down at the weir to see all the water!

Well I certainly enjoyed my holiday away with Clancy and Connor, it was sorely needed I can tell you!


I enjoyed my first day off just trying to relax, then got on the road on the Thursday, had to then do the bit down to Cadney Park a bit quick as I had to meet a man with an airplane but I do that stretch so often anyway!
As the trip went on I was really becoming more and more certain that I want to get on the road next year for at least a year if not a lot longer! Taking things much slower and possibly doing some work on the way around too.

Both boys enjoyed the trip, I was so proud of them as they both behaved really well too, and I could see and 'feel' young Connor growing in confidence almost every day.

Every trip away one meets wonderful and interesting people, this trip was no exception. The friendly couple who got everyone talking in the rest area at Finke, the young man heading north to Arnhem Land to visit a mate who has a Whippet at home in Horsham and works in Public Housing down there (I work in Public Housing in NT), the lovely locals in the South West corner of the Adelaide parklands living in very expensive housing but not batting an eyelid at me being there in my motorhome, the 86 yr old lady in Horsham CP who lives there permanantly with her old Cocker Spaniel who refused to be moved even though the floods were coming down....and so many others too.





1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you all had a great road trip.The photos are nice from Angus and Milo

    ReplyDelete